Substitute Teaching Information
Application Process for Substitute Teachers
Applicants who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply to serve as a Substitute Teacher at Pensacola Catholic High School:
Educational Requirements (must meet one of the following):
1. Application for or hold a valid Florida teaching certificate issued on at least a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited or approved institution; or
2. Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited or approved institution; or
3. Associate of Arts or Associate of Science Degree or the equivalent of sixty (60) credit hours of coursework from an academically accredited college or university.
1. Applicant must be able to successfully complete Safe Environment requirements of the Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee, which include a background screening.
2. Applicant must reside in the local area during the majority of the academic year.
3. Applicant must have the ability to move safely and readily throughout the CHS campus in order to access any needed classroom.
Process for Application:
I. Applicants should submit to Pensacola Catholic High School:
- a. Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee Employment Application
- b. Resume
II. Interview conducted by Principal and/or Assistant Principal or Administrator as designated by Principal. Candidates will be contacted after submission and review of all required documentation.
Applications and resume should be submitted to:
Dean of Facilities and Events
Pensacola Catholic High School
3043 West Scott Street
Pensacola, FL 32505